Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:58 am
|A Virtual Private Server is basically a virtual machine. This virtual machine has the unique capability of running its own operating system. It can also run its own computing resources within a physical server.
Technically, a physical server is sliced into a number of Virtual machines. These virtual machines provide a dedicated hosting environment to each of the Virtual Private Server clients. This is done with the help of hypervisors. The clients can have access and manage their hosted web sites.
There are two types of operating systems basically available for VPS plans. Linux Operating system and the Windows Operating system.
The leading most Virtual Private Server hosting service provider, in the world, DialWebHosting, offers VPS plans with both Linux and Windows operating systems. The clients can experience very high level of security and full root access to the server, with powerful Linux Virtual Private Servers, in Linux VPS hosting. Windows VPS hosting offers lowest latency and fastest deployment with robust Windows Virtual Private Servers, from DialWebHosting.
Linux operating System
A Linux operating system is considered best for a Virtual Private Server. It is an open source platform and there are several Linux distributions to choose from.
• CentOS- It is the best operating system for a single site Virtual Private Server. It is a very reliable operating system. The availability of CentOS is superb and it can wash off several bugs.
• Debian- The professional developers are able to create packages with Debian operating system. These creations are in small packages and can be installed by the users only.
• Ubuntu- It is one of the identifiable distributions of Linux operating system. Ubuntu an operating system, that is the easiest to learn and to use by any user.
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux- Red Hat is a paid operating system. It is the bench mark distribution for all those Linux VPS servers, which are enterprise grade. It is equipped to handle heavy loads.
• Fedora- Fedora is a very flexible distribution of Linux operating system. It is very easy to create a Linux based distribution with Fedora. Fedora is focussed on security.
Windows Operating System
Windows operating System is an expensive version of an operating system for a Virtual Private Server plan. But Windows Operating System is the choice of users as they need .NET applications, since most of the users are used to it.
Every operating System has its strengths and weaknesses. It can be advised by the experts, as to which operating system would be best for the VPS plan.