Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:12 am
|Setting up of dedicated server for online hosting is easy and you just need to follow the below mentioned steps –
Step #1 First, change the ssh port and also create a new account for use on a daily basis. Now, for sshd, you have to get a new IP. For Apache, disable identification output. At MySQL server, create a new user ID with password.
Step #2 Now, the software as well as servers need to be updated and installed. Now, you have to optimize MySQL and the important ingredients you shouldn’t forget to optimize include –
• Connection number
• Query cache table
• Size of buffer
Now, optimize the Apache and the variables in the httpd.con file. The variables that can be used are –
• Spare Servers
• Max Clients
Now, test RAM consumption level while testing the performance.
• Install website
• Use source control tool for updating code or even FTP
• Enable web application, set up directories
• Send the authorized users with the login identification
You can set DNS setting any time as per your wish.
• Now, point the dedicated server’s IP address to the domain name provider.
• The name servers can be setup, if needed by you.
• Now, set-up DNS entries to 3rd party services. Now, for email applications, MX settings can be configured.
• For monitoring as well as logging services –
o Set-up software proxies
o Set-up load balancers
The set-up is done and it is ready for welcoming visitors, provided the front end is complete.