Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:35 am
|There are multiple limitations of cloud computing and the most important ones are related to downtime, security & privacy, vulnerability to attack, problems of vendor lock-ins, and higher cloud computing cost.
However, each of these problems can be overcome.
• You can minimise planned downtime by demanding SLA-backed network uptime guarantee of over 99.55%.
• Security and privacy related risks can be minimised by
o Knowing which person has access to each service as well as resources
o Limiting access to data on user context basis
o Undertaking risk-based approach to secure assets that are used in cloud
o Adding network protection intelligence
• Vulnerability to attack can be minimised by –
o Identifying threats through correlation of global security intelligence with real time alerts
o Using IT compliance controls for automating security
o Authenticating identities
• You can decrease dependence on a cloud computing platform by knowing in advance what your vendor is selling. This will help you in planning ahead and avoid dependency.
• Cloud computing cost can be minimised by pre-paying, especially if you are aware of your minimum usage.