Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:11 am
|Yes, a blogger or a business professional can host multiple domains on a single account. As hosting service providers provide their clients with unlimited number of domains, it helps them in managing multiple sites from a single web hosting solution.
However, this also needs to be said that it is not the coolest of strategies to host multiple domains on a shared server. This is because of the simple fact that they build unwanted pressure on the limited amount of resources of the server, which could again adversely affect the site’s performance.
There are certain things that you can do.
• First of all, you can register preferred name of the domain.
• Once it is done, point the nameservers towards the servers of the hosting service provider. You should keep this in mind that when more than one domain is used, they are considered as secondary domains and the configuration of the domain is done as parked domains in the cPanel. This is how you can have more than one domain name on a single site account.
Multiple websites can be hosted and for that you have to follow these steps –
• Add domain name to the hosting account
• Select a folder of the website
• Once the folder is selected, files of the domain name’s website can be uploaded
• Now, DNS of the domain name can be pointed to your web hosting account
Point the domain name's DNS to your hosting account.