Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:35 am
|Colocation hosting is used by all size businesses – be it small, medium or large for a plenty of reasons. The small-scale businesses can get required features of big IT department without making capital investment. Medium to the large-scale businesses can expand the infra capacity with no expensive construction or undertaking leasing.
It permits businesses to store the server equipment in the cabinet situated in the secured data center along with public Internet Protocol address, power, and bandwidth supplied via hosting provider to the server.
Apart from this, colocation hosting provides –
• Enhanced Network Security – Most of the data centers possess highest network security, such as IDS systems/latest firewalls to prevent and detect unauthorized access to the systems of customers.
• Better Connectivity – These data centers have redundant network connections which ensures the critical applications of customers’ businesses’ will always run smoothly, without any interruption.
• Redundant Electricity Supply – The colocation hosting provides electricity redundancy via various power grids’ combination, dual batter backup, great maintenance practices, and diesel electricity generators.
• Growth – These data centers permit the businesses to expand the infrastructure as per their needs and company growth with no capital expenditures. In case, you are in a company which is growing, the IT infrastructure could expand in order to support the same instantly with low investment.
• Bursting Capability – These data centers offer flexibility of bursting high bandwidth levels in order to accommodate the demand of traffic with no need of repeating the capital investments. The moment data spikes distributed in the number of users, the cost of bandwidth significantly reduced to a great extent.
• Step Towards Cloud Migration – If a company is planning to migrate towards cloud computing, then colocation data center offers smooth transition via permitting you to shift the server equipment to offsite along with increased performance and capacity in order to support the business needs and ensuring good cloud transition.